- Monica commented on the following inFri 27 Jan 2012 18:13:19 GMT
- Monica added the following ratingsSun 07 Nov 2010 19:05:37 GMT
- Monica voted for the following inSun 07 Nov 2010 19:03:10 GMT
Martha's baking handbook is often considered an essential baking book but in my experience it's hit or miss. The Tomato Tart recipe (and the tart dough recipe) is simple but memorable and has me waiting for heirloom tomato season to start. Way in the back of the book is an amazing Swiss Merginue Buttercream recipe which seems a little fussy but it's hand down the best frosting recipe I've found. Its sweetness is just perfect for just about any cake and can be easily modified to be a different flavor. Those are a couple hits. The misses mostly appear in...
- Monica voted for the following inTue 16 Feb 2010 07:34:45 GMT
- Monica voted for the following inTue 09 Feb 2010 21:27:05 GMT
- Monica voted for the following inTue 09 Feb 2010 18:59:35 GMT
This book truly is vegetarian cooking for everyone. It's not preachy about what you should eat, it just lays out hundreds of great recipes that are easily adaptable. When I first started cooking, I bought a copy of this book, dogeared all the recipes that sounded interesting, and got to chopping and sauteing and baking. Over time, I feel like it taught me how to cook. Even the most simple sounding recipes would turn out wonderfully. Madison's book is essential in my kitchen.
- Monica added a new cookbookThu 04 Feb 2010 03:21:41 GMT
- Monica added a new cookbookThu 04 Feb 2010 03:17:33 GMT