- vici commented on the following inMon 16 May 2011 16:37:52 GMT
- vici voted for the following inMon 25 Apr 2011 22:56:42 GMT
I am a fan of Denis Cotter. “The Cafe Paradiso Cookbook” and “Cafe Paradiso Seasons” have long been inspiring favorites. “Wild Garlic, etc.” did not thrill me so much - it felt more like reference material.
“For the Love of Food”, rekindles my affection for the man, his books, and vegetables in general. There are plenty of lovely photos (admit it - this is what we always hope for); but while the photos and recipes are enchanting, I am more entertained by the author’s words. Denis is wise, talented, generous, and always just a little bit funny. How many cookbooks make you...
- vici voted for the following inWed 30 Mar 2011 20:59:11 GMT
- vici commented on the following inWed 30 Mar 2011 04:42:51 GMT
- vici voted for the following inWed 30 Mar 2011 04:37:42 GMT
- vici voted for the following inSun 27 Mar 2011 15:13:53 GMT
- vici voted for the following inSun 27 Mar 2011 15:10:29 GMT
- vici voted for the following inSun 27 Mar 2011 03:46:44 GMT
I think this masterpiece is underrated; and I'm sad that more people haven't discovered this excellent source for sweet and savory recipes. Everyone should start by making the "Classic Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies". They are unbeatable. You will crave them regularly.
Most of the recipes I've tried from this book aren't just delicious - they are EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD! The "Salted Cashew-Crunch Cookies" will blow your mind. I top my "Chocolate Graham Crackers" with cinnamon-sugar - OMG.
I always turn the "Blueberry Buckle Coffeecake" into the best blueberry muffins in the world - the book explains how. The "Whole Wheat Croissants" and "Raspberry...
This little cookbook is a package full of fun! The recipe for "Vegan Fluffy Buttercream Frosting" is worth the price of this book, which also, conveniently contains the best "Basic Chocolate Cupcake" recipe ever. Isa and Terry use a little humor and a lot of photos to present some seriously excellent (all easy) cupcake recipes. Some of my favorites are: the "Agave Nectar Cupcakes" (subtly sweet), the "Cookies & Cream", "Golden Vanilla", "Banana Split", and the "Mucho Margarita".
This is a really inspiring book because of the hundreds of variations possible. I am not a vegan; but if the subject is...